Friday, January 12, 2007

holy protein, batman!

Friday weigh-in: 234. No change.

So since I’ve been paying attention to exactly how much stuff I eat, I’ve been appalled. I usually start the day with fiber: oatmeal or a bowl of cereal. Then I’m peckish all morning and usually eat two snacks before lunch. (If I was doing the whole 6-small meals per day thing it would be different, but I’m not going anywhere near that yet.)

It occurred to me that if I ate considerably more on days I accidentally skipped breakfast, I could probably further control the rest of the day by changing up breakfast. What if I concentrated more on protein? So today I had two eggs and two small slices of dry pumpernickel toast. It took about as long as making oatmeal and tasted wonderful. And I wasn’t hungry for the rest of the morning! I had a bowl of plain potato soup for lunch and a mid-afternoon snack that consisted of a few dried apricots and a handful of peanuts-in-the-shell. There was also a yogurt cup, but that was boredom. Still, that’s much less food than I would normally rootle through.

Hmmm. Protein!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home