Friday, September 01, 2006

is there such a thing as a grease hangover?

We went to the fair last night. And that means fair food:
  • Key lime pie on a stick
  • Cheese on a stick
  • Lemonade
  • Corn dog
  • Polish sausage with lots of onion
  • Italian donuts
  • Coffee ice cream
We each ate a couple of bites of everything, with him eating more of the sausage and me eating more of the corn dog and ice cream. If something didn’t live up to expectations, then it got thrown away. (Which meant neither of us ate much of the pie or cheese.)

Today, I feel terrible. Besides the predictable gastrointestinal disturbances, I have no energy. None. I feel kinda achy. I'm vaguely depressed.

I wonder if there’s such a thing as a grease hangover? When I was younger, I would have eaten all that and not felt a thing. Now I feel sorta like I've poisoned myself. So there’s been lots of water and vitamins and healthy food today. And I hope to hell this wears off by tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a right of passage for Minnesotans, so no need to worry. Hope you had a nice initiation!!

Yes, I think it's hilarious how our stomach tricks us by saying "oooooohhh...that looks yummy...why don't you feed me that!" then turn on us with a "why the hell did you do this to me?????".

I was convinced by the time I left that the flavorful air I smelled coming in was actually 75% grease and I might exhibit a spike in cholesterol simply for breathing it in. It reminded me of a person being slid off a couch using a giant shoehorn, which was really depressing. 'Til next year!

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home