Wednesday, June 14, 2006

shrinky dink

This is very strange. When I was home, meaning Arkansas, I figured out that I needed to go buy some more professional clothes. Back when I had packed for the trip, we had only planned on staying for two days of the conference in Memphis, so I only brought two days of work clothes. Then we decided to stay for all four days.

So I hied myself to Dillards, which was the best available choice but still totally sucked. Wall-to-wall soccer mom clothes. I finally ended up with wheat-colored slacks and crisp white shirts, my usual standby. I tried stuff on and my usual sizes did not.fit.at.all. So I ended up with larger stuff, and marveled that I had managed to gain that much road weight.

Now we've been back for two weeks, and all of that stuff is two sizes too big. The shirt I thought was fitted is gaping at the waist, and when I lie down, there's a three-finger gap in the waist of the pants. I haven’t been dieting or anything. So is Southern food that full of sodium, that I could retain that amount of water? Did I spontaneously gain and lose ten pounds? I’m not going to get on the scale right now, so hell if I know. But it is irritating to have $180 worth of brand-new clothes that don’t fit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home