Saturday, March 04, 2006

drunk on bergamot

Years ago, I got interested in aromatherapy and started using essential oils in the bath. Somewhere in the process, I got addicted to lavender. Although I read somewhere that too luch lavender could lead to a sort of internal metaphysical imbalance, I loved it too much to quit. Lavender in the bath, in my lotion, on my sheets. And eventually, I did start to feel ... off. And then very off. I was drunk on lavender. So I backed off it and then things were fine.

Lately, I find myself similarly bewitched with bergamot. It started with some double-bergamot Earl Grey. Then this week I picked up a bottle of bergamot body wash at Body Shop, and it makes a lovely bubble bath. I’m looking for a bergamot body scent, I think. I am drunk on bergamot, at least for the time being.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're looking for energy in the morning, I'd try something citrusy, like grapefruit or orange essential oils. Peppermint is also soothing, without lowering energy levels.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Actually, I break out whenever I use citrus oils in the tub. But I do love peppermint and rose and lemongrass!

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home