Sunday, February 19, 2006

Why write?

This morning, I meant to go to the gym. Really. And on the mornings when I just go and don’t think about it, I usually get there.

This morning, I couldn’t get out of the house, and couldn’t figure out why. I had my workout clothes on. I was stretched out. I had the time scheduled. But I kept coming back to the computer, over and over, to do just a little more work. Finally I made myself be still for a bit and figure out what the hell my problem was.

I didn’t feel worthwhile enough to go work out.

And that was when it became clear that, in spite of my determination not to have yet another blog, writing was the only way out of this. I am on the brink on failing yet again, and I’m determined that I won’t this time. That is my gift to myself as I turn 30.

Funny that a cheesy anonymous Blogger account is part of that gift, after all these years of full-identity blogging and owning my own domain. God has a sense of humor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home