Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Whatever Works

I’ve always resisted using this place as a straight-up What-I-Weigh, What-I-Ate diary, but maybe that’s what’s needed for now. I’ve been rummaging around in Marla’s archives, and it looks like that was what kept her going at first. Worth a shot, anyway. And this is Start #3 in the past two and a half years. My start weight the first time, post-thesis, was 230. My second start weight, a year ago, was 225. This time, post-exams, it’s 240. I hope this is like quitting smoking — the more times you try, the higher your chances of actually succeeding.

This time, I’m working on adding in healthy habits incrementally rather than trying to change everything at once. I do consistently well enough already with water intake. So my current goal is simply to add in movement every day and remember to take my vitamin. I’m working on making decent choices in eating, but not being anal-retentive about it yet. Mostly, I’m aiming for an intake of primarily whole foods, which isn’t all that much different that what I usually aim for. That will change later, when I worry more about portion size, fat/protein intake, and whatnot.

So today:
Breakfast: oatmeal with blueberries, maple syrup, and soy milk.
Lunch: turkey sandwich with swiss cheese, guacamole and sprouts.
Snack: two apricots, handful of potato chips with low-fat onion dip
Dinner: Pork roast, green beans, and couscous.

Exercise: hour-long walk with the husband.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home