Monday, July 30, 2007

swimming

It’s been about six years since I last swam, but I went down to the campus pool this morning and started right in back and forth across the lap lanes. It feels good to know how to do something, even badly.

Lots to learn, starting with how to breathe. But I got over my fear of buying a suit, of the campus gym, and of running into colleagues while dressed in said suit, since that happened as soon as I rounded the corner into the shower room. I have a membership for the rest of the summer and a locker.

I liked it. The pool area isn't as pretty as my old pool, but it has big windows and enough lanes. I went back and forth for a little more than 15 minutes, which was about 8 laps times (I lost count for a minute), mostly my funky backstroke. The ankle doesn’t hurt, but the hip does. I’ll have to remember to stretch quite a lot.

I feel much looser, which is good. I don't feel energized, though. I feel very, very tired, much more than 15 minutes worth of tired. This has been getting progressively worse over the past few weeks, but the lab results should be in on Thursday. I’m looking forward to finding out what the hell is up.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home